UDANCECN.COM – WEBDJRADIO.COM
Boogie Taipei 6 with Toby Tobias
BOOGIE TAIPEI is a weekly nu disco, nu funk and nu boogie house radio show produced in 2 languages (English & Mandarin) at the liaoliao studios deep in the heart of New Taipei city.
English version (Click track title to open player in a new window）
Track listings for my mix in the first hour …
01. Alphabet City – Love (Toby Tobias mix) – 2011- Under the shade – UK
02. The Revenge – This Sound – 2009 – Instruments Of Rapture – Glasgow, Scotland
03. Luminodisco – Puralana – 2011 – Danny Was A Drag King – Italy
04. Eddie C – tell me (Tornado Wallace remix) – 2010 – Home Taping Is Killing Music
05. Toomy Disco – Star Scream (Original Mix) – 2012 – Free Soundcloud – Buenos Aires, Argentina
06. 6th Borough Project – Miss World (Miss World (Soultourist Remix)
07. Eddie Hu – Taoism (Wanghart Boogie edit) – 2012 – Revox Records – Taipei, Taiwan
08. leo’s sunshipp – Sunshine (Social Disco Club edit) – 2010 – Disco Deeviance – Portugal
09. Motor City Drum Ensemble – Raw Cuts 6 – 2009 – MCDE – Netherlands
10. Deep Space Orchestra – Chrome hand (Ben Sun mix) – 2011 – Boogie Originals – UK
Special guest mix for the second hour..
Toby Tobias has been honing his production skills since the turn of the millennium. By the time he released on Rekids in 2006, Toby’s work was already of a high calibre – seeing releases on Low Pressings, Bearfunk, Odori and Hi-Phen. After the tremendous success of ‘A Close Shave’, the remix requests started to flood in – this resulting in Toby releasing on labels such as Beat Freeze Records, Bent, Bloop Recordings,and Dialect Recordings.
2008 brought another milestone, with Toby releasing his debut album ‘Space Shuffle’ to wide critical acclaim – receiving 4.5/5 from Resident Advisor and 5/5 from iDJ. The album features 15 tracks of disco influenced gems with a truly contemporary edge.
Discoid anthem ‘The Feeling’, featuring the silky smooth vocals of Kathy Diamond, was released as a single including remixes from John Daly and I:Cube. Again, this received massive praise and global support from DJ’s across the board. Further remixes from Tensnake and James Teej helped propel the ‘Space Shuffle’ sound to the forefront of pioneering dance music at the time.
“Toby has been busy with his own labels Tracky Bottoms and Late Night Audio. 2010 saw the release of his Macasu EP, featuring the almost ubiquitous Motor City Drum Ensemble remix , and 2011 saw the release of another vocal collaboration with Brendan Reilly on the track Tomorrows bringing – for More Music ,- which recived high praise from the likes of Soul clap , Reboot and Hot Chip ! as well as remixing Toro Y moI , Franz Ferdinand and Phreek Plus One , among others its been a busy year in production .
DJ -wise – he s been collecting vinyl since the breakdancing days of the 80’s , but didnt start til art college in the early 90’s . His first residency in London . LateNightAudio ran for 3 years at the VERY underground late night club 54 . This was a great education in DJing as he and fellow resident Danny Clark booked and played with hundreds of guests over those years to packed dancefloors until the very wee hours . He consequently then began to travel the world DJing as far as Russia , Lisbon , Japan , Italy , Croatia , Brazil and so on .
Toby’s music is truly unique – in a genre now saturated with generic, formulaic music, Toby is one of the few who can claim to have his own sound. We look forward to even more from Toby in 2012, in the form of the long awaited second album , as well as some much anticipted releases on Quintessential Music , Throne of blood offshoot – Lets Play House and from Zagreb- Burek .”