World renowned “Metaformosis show”, produced in 2 languages (English & Mandarin) at the liaoliao studios deep in the heart of New Taipei city. In the first hour each month The Wang mixes a selection of dance music created by the freshest independent producers he finds each week on internet website sound cloud mixed along with the odd promo he has received. For the second hour the show is host to an uninterrupted mix set from a top Asian based DJ.
Track listings for my mix in the first hour …
01. MTYU – Welcome To Love
– Hotbox Music – April 2013
02. Mick Verma – This Music (Original Mix)
– Vision Collective Records – Jan 2013
03. Daniel Solar – Can You Relate
– Free Download
04. Lorent Sian – Marimba (Original Mix)
– Revox Records – May 2013
05. Morisky – Where do I stand (Original Mix)
06. Roberto Calzetta & Twin Soul – Faith (Hannes Fischer Remix)
– Dikso Records – May 2013
07. Tom Taylor – Theory Of Everything (Dub)
– Bullet Dodge Records – May 2013
08. In The Name Of House Music (Jonny Bee Tribute)
09. Kid Sublime – Afrofunkrhythm
– Dopeness Galore – May 2013
10. Juan Lombardo – Lonesome storms (Original Mix)
– Shelving Music – April 2013
11. Hugo – True Colours (Original Mix)
– Sshh Edits – May 2013
Special guest mix for the second hour…
For Tokyo-based American-born live performer and producer Conoley Ospovat, dance music is something that is deeply personal – a means of expressing and sharing the most heartfelt of emotions. Not content to follow trends or pigeonhole himself, Ospovat draws on a diverse range of influences such as techno, progressive house, electronica, synth pop and improvisational jam bands to make energetic dance music that is rich in feeling.
A desire to create an experience that is both dynamic and engaging infuses his live performances, which see him playing and controlling synthesizers, a laptop, and a midi-controller in real time, as well as running his own live vocals through guitar effects pedals and playing guitar. His music has been called reminiscent of Henrik Schwarz.
Ospovat has played live extensively since 2003 across America and Japan, including the 2004 Fuji Rock Festival and a 2007 U.S. tour. He is a resident at the long-running Real Grooves club events in Tokyo, where he has opened for the Wighnomy Brothers, John Tejada, Guillaume and the Coutu Dumonts, Extrawelt, and Los Hermanos. He has shared bills with Pier Bucci, Robag Wruhme, Gerald Mitchell, and Marc Schneider.
Track listings for guest live set in the second hour …
01. Lines of Communication
02. Here (With Me) Now
04. 2 Meters
05. Re-Desire Me – Fantom Tremors (Conoley Ospovat mix)
06. Voices in the Air
All tracks produced by Conoley Ospovat and this set has been recorded live at his home studio in Tokyo.
Show first aired…
English version Saturday 25/05 @ 7pm (UK Time) on boxfrequency.fm
Chinese version Saturday 01/06 @ 2pm (UK Time) on udancecn.com
English version Saturday 01/06 @ 8pm (UK Time) on intersonik.net